Coming of Age: My Pregnancy Journey during the peak of my dream

 My story about how I become a mom during my college days

    

    We’re already five years when I began to feel really odd. I hadn’t missed any periods and didn’t think anything of the fact I had been getting sent home from school all the time for feeling sick. I was this student who usually participate on some activities until i feel this feeling of now wanting to be friends with someone, without hesitation and for the peace of my mind I took a pregnancy test after being delayed of one day for my period, After three minutes of waiting, it finally appeared. Two lines, one extremely faint line and one dark pink line. My initial thought was, "Oh no!" I completed the other test, and the results are also positive. 


    told my boyfriend and he accompanied me to the nearest hospital to check if I’m really pregnant. I was really out of my mind during those times, thinking that I am still a 2nd year college student and look what I have done.


FIRST ULTRASOUND


    I’m  with my boyfriend on my first ultrasound. He was so happy that time. My boyfriend and I had made the decision to keep the child. Like me, he was against abortion. He gave me a belly rub while we were sitting on my home's lounge, telling me he loved me and our child and that he always would. Out of all the parents, my father reacted the worst, yet he was ultimately the most supportive. He came to terms with the fact that I was pregnant with his first grandchild and to love it.


ENJOYMENT AS A MOM


      It was the most wonderful feeling in the world to bring my little child home. Every detail was amazing. Being a mother, a partner, a daughter, and a student wasn't easy, but I made it through. 


    I am now in a very happy relationship. My pregnancy caused me to lose a lot of friends, and I still don't talk to many people. It was also never easy in school. Despite the harsh criticism I received, I wouldn't alter a thing if I could. Even though things can be difficult at times, there is always hope, and watching Devin run around the home like a contented toddler gives me motivation to keep going. It's not something you should do on purpose because it's difficult. Ensure that you are prepared. Recognize the consequences, and if you're anticipating, please don't expect perfection. Such a thing cannot possibly exist. 


    I am also happy now, taking the course I really wanted to pursue. Being a mom is not a hindrance to finish what you started. 

Comments